Hello Awesome ones,
- You need a support system; Family is KEY! I found myself appreciating more the help my parents give with taking care of my toddler and decided that the best reward is to achieve my dreams and make them proud. That’s the ultimate gift of Thank you for watching my kid and having my back mom and dad!
I cannot wait for one of those: “Look Mommy, I made it” moments Stephanie Obi shares.
- Build a company with your values; from the beginning don’t compromise your values. Get professional from the very start. Know exactly what you can and cannot do. Draw the line from the very beginning of your limits. “I have an ethical line I cannot cross” she told me, and I have that documented from the beginning.
- Explore as much of your potentials and creativity – you never know which one you would be needing in the future. Be all that you can be, your experience in one aspect of your life may come in handy to do the one thing you might have been created to be. It’s all in the process.
- I believe in consequences and rewards. That’s what she said when I asked about her system and process of leadership. While waiting in her Office before seeing her, and I mouthed in a whisper to her PA, “What is she was like?” to which she promptly replied: She is very straight forward!
“If people show up each day, give them a chance, coach them, equip them to be all that you require of them and more. Build a team from down up to achieve your goals. Invest in people!
Have an open door policy, literarily. People are smart, they would bring you new ideas, pick and choose then reward them…remember consequences and rewards.”
- Dream big: Don’t be limited by your environment and all the challenges that could happen. When I asked her who gave her the permission to dream that big and crazy, she responded that she wanted to build a datacenter that catered for the needs of the clients with world-class services. “I didn’t have to bother about what if no client comes to use the datacenter, I was bothered with what if they come?”
It was an exhilarating meeting with one of my Icons. I was so excited; I was literally pumping with energy. She was attentive and attempted to answer all the questions I could remember, at a stage, she peeked at my note and said, “any more questions in there for me” with a smile and we both laughed.
Her PA silently came in for the first time, passed on a note to her and I could gather it was time to leave, she is after all a very busy woman and I had just been blessed with 45 minutes of her time. I wasn’t sure if it was ok to ask but she did instead; so I think we should take a selfie…wow. Of course I was elated and glad we took a couple…say cheese!
I got access to such a phenomenal woman and I am grateful for such a relationship.
Dare to dream! Be deliberate, Believe in yourself. Speak it, consciously work on it and you will definitely reap the fruits of your efforts. Each day I strive to polish that dream…I am getting to my destination…Becoming Visible …Hope you achieve yours too!
Have a beautiful week.
Author: Abisoye “Faari” Akinola
Abisoye is an IT Professional and a Corporate Trainer by day, Mom & Wife on weekends and LinkedIn enthusiasts every other time.
She believes LinkedIn is the real deal to find and meet awesome professionals and thanks, Reid Hoffman for the Idea!
Your go-to girl when you need to brainstorm great ideas.
She helps bored mid-career professionals who need get to switch gear to the next level using personal branding and confidence as tools!
You can find sharing her daily wisdom on Instagram